Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Day One

Today, you and Sadie are building a tent in the living room and playing with a Lego boat in the bathtub. We are getting ready to go on vacation in 4 days. You are so excited. We are going to Florida. It will be your first time at the beach since you were 20 months old.

Violet is your biggest fan. Every morning, the first thing she does when she wakes up is call for you: "Donuh!" It started out as "Doduh." She calls for you until you come and get her.

You are getting ready to start 3rd Grade. You love school and can't wait to get back to see your friends. You love playing outside, knitting, drawing and painting, and Math. You are not crazy about Japanese or Spanish.

You are letting your hair grow out and refuse to get it cut. You are very concerned about your looks and you're only 8 years old! Daddy and I like to tease you about it, but you are very handsome with your long hair and freckles!

I love watching you grow up and I love seeing who you are becoming each and every day – even on the days when I lose my patience with you. You are a very loving, sweet (most days) and smart kid. At school, you are a leader. Some days you drive me crazy because we are both so much alike. You are very persistent (stubborn), demanding and impatient – just like me. We often butt heads but every night when the day is done, you ask me to snuggle and tell me how much you love me. I hope that never changes!

No comments: